Well, I have shared with you about restaurants, water sports, journey to Isla Mujeres, some pictures and the hotel, now it’s time to talk about some tips and reminders of staying in Cancun.
- Remember to exchange your money in hotel: usually the exchange rate (MXN/USD) is 12.9 MXN/1 USD in hotel and maybe at airport. But if you want to exchange money in other places in Cancun such as random grocery stores, they will only give you 100 pesos for 10 dollars, which means you will lose 20 pesos.
- Remember to pay pesos for taxi: the same idea here is that they only divide Mexican pesos by 10, like if you need to pay 120 pesos for a ride to the restaurant, they will tell you you can also pay 12 dollars if you don’t have enough pesos, which means you pay more in dollars.
- Tips: unlike in the U.S.where we usually tip waiters 15% to 20%, actually, 11%-15% tipping in Cancun is fairly enough. Yet, in some fancy restaurants, they will tip the bill by themselves 15% “automatically,” so it is crucial to check your bill before handing your credit cards to waiters!
- Must-see shows: if you ask your concierge at your hotel about where to enjoy your nights out, they will definitely recommend you Coco Bongo, a club where combines clubbing and stunning performances. That’s one of the most popular places in Cancun! The show is really awesome, but it is super crowded and you know what else, there are some “overwhelming” waitresses coming to you and ask you to pay $5 per shot (which actually you already paid all inclusive ticket at the door, which is not cheap at all).
- Chill lounge: If you are not a clubbing person, then Rosa lounge at Me Resort is your choice! It is quiet and chilly, where you can drink, chat and hookah. The hookah there is very recommended! And also Pina Colada at the lounge is the best that I have ever had.
I have had a wonderful trip to Cancun during this thanksgiving! How wonderful? you ask me? It’s like tipsy in paradise! =)
Bar by the beach at Ritz Carlton
Balcony in the morning
Sunshine on me
Thank you for reading my Cancun diary!!!